Joy to the world, the Lord has come. Let us receive the king!
The long-awaited day has finally come. Merry Christmas Eve people, its interesting how we spent the last eleven months and twenty-four days stressing and preparing for this one day!
I don’t like the December hype but I’ve learnt to deal with (survive) Christmas. I love that Jesus was born on this day but I do not fancy the pressure package that comes with Christmas.
Being the helpful Santa’s elf I am, I came up with a few ways you can deal with Christmas craziness. I just hope it’s not too late:-
• Do not under any circumstance host Christmas at your house. You’ll need to learn to come up with genuine excuses not to, it’s worth it!
• Stick to your budget when it comes to gifts or general Christmas shopping. Remember January is just around the corner in case you’re intending to overspend.
• If the usual classical Christmas carols get on your nerves, try something different – You can create a playlist that suits you (Try listening to Pentatonix Christmas album)
• Do not sleep so late if you are not a morning person. I don’t know about you but I always feel Christmas lasts for about 3 minutes and the day is gone.
• If you can afford, arrange to take vacation to avoid all the social commitments.
Don’t beat yourself over feeling empty instead of full of joy on Christmas. Just enjoy and appreciate the fact that Jesus is born everything else doesn’t really matter as much as the people around you make it seem.
All in all.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Enjoy!
Over To You …
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
Thank you for reading..
xoxo, Jade J