A few days ago I was filling in my first ever volunteering application form.
One question; Kindly give reasons why you are interested in taking part in the volunteering program intrigued me.
Just like any application form I felt that this was just a rhetoric question and for some unknown reason, I had the urge to be honest as opposed to handing them googled compelling reasons.
Listed below are some of the genuine reasons as to why I try hard to involve myself in volunteering and hopefully may get you inspired to join the volunteer club:-
- Through volunteering, you come face to face with heart wrenching situations. Most of these situations enable us to change our perspective on the world and the choices we make in our personal life. You learn to be grateful!
- I know how it feels when you are down and out. Through volunteering you get an opportunity to reach out and give hope to people from all walks of life whether broken emotionally, physically and mentally. Just a word of encouragement can touch hearts.
- The ideology of UBUNTU.Ubuntu is a philosophy that means a person is a person through other persons. We affirm our humanity when we acknowledge that of others. By volunteering we interconnect with other humans to make a change that will impact many lives.
- At the age of eight, my dad got an accident that affected his spine and for 3 years or so he was hospitalised. As my parents took care of each other, we were left in the hands of friends and family.
- But with all the people who volunteered to take turns in caring for us it has given me the empathy to make a difference in the lives of those who might be going through the same.
Over To You ..
Do you volunteer? Why do you do it?
Thank you for reading.