If you are anything like me – always sticking my nose everywhere – then you’ve probably stumbled across online dating sites.
It has become common for most people in this centuary to join dating sites for various personal endeavours.
Okay, for the few people reading this and thinking since when did she start rambling in french, let me break it down to you – basically, Online dating is the practice of searching for romantic/ sexual patner on the internet, typically via a dedicated website like OkCupid, Tinder, Flirt.com among others.
Some people have excellent experiences with online dating while others are left with confusion and frustration. Just like any other way to date, meeting someone online has both pros and cons, with that said lets analyse and see whether or not online dating is worth the buzz ;-
- You meet people outside your social circle
- There is a wide variety of people to choose from
- Its easy to eliminate people whose values are different from yours
- You are fully incharge of your self presentation – No need to worry about the single insecurities about yourself that hinder you from pursuing dating IRL
- Its cool that you can do it from home and on your phone – Heck, you can be pooping while courting someone (Well that sounded better and less disgusting in my head)
- Communication via apps limits information provided in a face to face interaction
- It takes time and effort – you need to study profiles of many users communicate with them in order to make the final decision
- Many users are just weirdos; playing games without any serious purpose (Beware of Catfish)
- You get contacted by people you are not interested in
Personally, I need a guys resume and journal from his childhood history before I decide to go out with him but that doesn’t mean I resist the urge to swipe on the intellectual greek gods on Tinder.
Remember at the end of the day the goal of online dating is to take your relationship offline.
Over To You …
Have you ever tried Online dating? Is it a Yay or Nay for you?
Thank you for reading.