Yep, I did it! After months of contemplation, I finally went through with my decision and actually cut my hair. ALL OF IT. Okay here’s the thing, I won’t try justifying my actions cause I still think it was a silly move but I’m also impressed with the fact that I was able to follow through a bold decision.
After years of torture, I was able to free my hair from the imprisonment. I didn’t want to do it ’cause after months of taking good care of my hair and actually seeing healthy improvements I knew I could live with that. But then I started watching this videos on YouTube, people talking about how the big chop transition is so fulfilling and that’s when I started entertaining the idea of chopping my hair and on December 1st 2017 the magic happened.
I still cringe every time I look at my reflection in the mirror and wonder what I was thinking but I’m sure I’ll be proud of myself in 5 months. My hair is currently at that awkward stage where I don’t really know what to do with it ’cause you can barely touch any hair.
I’m not ashamed of my short natural hair, it’s just that having the same hairstyle everyday can get boring and most times I feel uncomfortable you know? and Some outfits would just go better with braids #justsaying. Incase you’re think of chopping your hair this is what I have gathered so far:
Big Chop Pros
- I don’t spend much time doing my hair, its wash and go everyday. It’s just easy to take care.
- I’ve saved money that I usually spend on hair products.
- I’m learning so much about my hair from an early stage.
- I don’t have to visit salons, at all!
- I currently don’t have to worry about my hair being damaged, colored or weak.
After Chop Cons
- I look different in a weird way! You can actually see the shape of my head LOL
- I don’t know what to do with my hair!!! Awkward phase
- It gets boring when you have the same look every day
- The pressure of wanting to get things right when I start growing it out again
A Big Chop can be a challenge thus you need to think through your decision. Before cutting your hair ask yourself if you feel comfortable to wearing a short haircut. Don’t just blindly jump into the “Big Chop” bandwagon then start regretting and hating on naturalistas.
Always remember, it’s just hair and it grows back *Wink*
Over To You …
Have you ever had to cut your hair short cause it was damaged?
Thank you for reading. New post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.